Monday, October 1, 2012

Sorry for not participating lately!

Really sorry for not gettin' my blog on this past weekend/last week, but I've been practicing and on the road for a Debate Tournament which took place from Fri-Sun, and I just got back.

Good news is, I got the topic "Should we drill in Alaska for oil." I was the negative, and got to talk about a lot of the sustainable energy developments, natural energy shortage problems, and long term effects of oil consumption that I learned in class. Of course, I won it, thanks to you guys! (and Speths ridiculously pessimistic number predictions.) 

*On a side note, it was also the debate I won by the greatest margin, which makes me feel like I've actually been learning something for once, so yay.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats way to do it for the green movement! All we do is win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congrats. Next time you can tackle the harder case for not drilling: not that we need the oil, but that the planet and the wildlife need-- or even are just entitled to-- the refuge. As that "recovering environmentalist" said, we have a destructive habit of always making it about us.

    On the other hand, I like us. Or some of us, some of the time. In the future.

    ReplyDelete