Thursday, December 11, 2014

Websites and information used for paper










Info on grass fed vs. corn/grain comes from basic knowledge from my family farm and grandparents.

Some knowledge on natural and organic products comes from working at Whole Foods Market.

I just want to say, my grandmother owns cattle and has ever since I can remember so I grew up learning about them and how they need grass. When I was little I thought every farm was like my grandparent’s farm. Someone has created essentially a small factory farm right up the road from my grandmother’s. It is in the middle of an old coalmining field and there are no trees or shelter for the cows. It is the saddest thing I have seen in a while. Also, my grandmother’s cattle got pink eye this past year, which is passed only through other cattle. They had no idea how the cows got it but it is likely through this factory farm of “angus” cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment