Thursday, August 27, 2020

Blog Post 1: Introduction

Hi there! My name is Savana Mezquiriz. I am a senior at MTSU majoring in philosophy and minoring in psychology and sociology. I am also apart of the Honors College and am currently finishing up my thesis. For this project, I decided to research child custody laws in Tennessee, deontological theories philosophers presented hundreds of years ago, and how they are intertwined with each other. I am 21 years old, grew up in Bell Buckle, Tennessee, and live a pretty easy going life for the most part. I got married in August of 2019 and we just bought a house in Shelbyville, Tennessee. It is about 35-40 minutes south of Murfreesboro. I plan to use my degree to go to law school. I work for a small law firm in Shelbyville, Rambo and Trott. I have been there for going on 3 years so I am learning the ropes and what to expect once I graduate with my JD. I would like to be an in-house attorney for a company somewhere close to where I live. As far as why I took this course, my main focus within philosophy is ethics. It is what I find most interesting and applicable to my future career. I have no idea what in-house company I will be offered to work for and would like to apply ethics to as many areas as possible.  I not only want to focus on ethics but think about environmental rights and wrongs we as humans are taking part in. I am excited about all we will learn and the critical thinking it will provide us in our daily choices that affect Earth. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome, Savana!

    Shelbyville is well-represented in this group. (Do you know Ed?)

    In case you missed it, other folks' intros can be found in the comments section under mine, in the post below labeled Introductions-https://envirojpo.blogspot.com/2020/08/introductions.html

    ReplyDelete