Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Agricultural ethics

Speaking of agriculture (see next post)...

An interesting query:
I am retired Professor from Colorado State University. My current interest is agriculture and the ethics of agriculture. The third edition of my book - Agriculture's Ethical Horizon was published earlier this year by Elsevier/Academic Press. I did a survey in 1999 of all the US land-grant universities to determine how many had a course on agricultural ethics. The survey was published in the Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics (13:229-247, 2000). I repeated the survey but did not publish it in 2012. In 1999 there were 15 courses. In 2012 it had fallen to 9. I'm doing the survey again and write to you because your university specializes in agriculture. I write to ask if you have a course in environmental ethics and if it covers anything about agriculture and if you have a course in agricultural ethics... R. L. Zimdahl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment