Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Greens

I was recently registering to vote online and was asked what political party I affiliate myself with. There were the obvious options of Democratic, Republican, Libertarian, and Independent and then there was Green. I'd never heard of Green before so I googled it and found their website. After reading through most of it and researching more I think I can honestly say I'm sold. If you haven't heard of this political party it might be something you want to look into. Here's a link to their national website. http://www.greenparty.org/index.php Here's a link to their Tennessee website. http://greenpartyoftennessee.org/

3 comments:

  1. You'd never heard of the Greens before? That's quite a commentary on the ineffectiveness of environmentalism in our time, isn't it?!

    But we do each have to decide, don't we, in this screwed-up political culture: is voting your conscience a throw-away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my friends and family that I've talked to about The Greens hadn't heard of them either. Maybe it's just the price we pay for growing up in such a conservative state and in my case an extremely conservative county.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard about them until earlier this year when I took a test for political lean and got Green.

    ReplyDelete