Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Message For the Future, Tree

 My children often speak to me about what life was like during the COVID-19 virus. Its hard for them to think outside of their box of reality, and the Covid procedure is therefore an extremely hard way of life to imagine. Ill start with describing the early days of the virus. I worked at a sports bar at the time and watched the tv news nightly to enlighten myself to "estimated truths" of when the pandemic would hit America. Once the pandemic hit, it was onto the next phase of facts that would tell me how I would live my new life to stay healthy and Covid-19 free. With these scientific truths telling me to live life in a new shielded way, the most difficult pill to swallow was to limit social engagement. This is when American ignorance came into play which enabled our American society to be the most Covid susceptible nation on the planet. People refusing to wear a mask led to the inability to heal and the ability for the virus to continue to kill. I then tell my children about a man with the potential ceiling of Abraham Lincoln coming into power, Joe Biden. 

    I tell them about how president Biden mandated mask wearing, pushed to incentives people from leaving their homes to help slow the spread of the virus, and finally saw to it that the eventual COVID-19 cure was safe to take by way of taking it himself on national tv. President Biden is credited for slowing the Covid death toll in America by a landslide in comparison to his predecessor. However, president Biden did not stop there, his agenda was deep for America was deeply in peril and many fronts needed aid to ensure a peaceful community in America. 

    It is also typically difficult for my children to understand living off of fossil fuels. They are so used to racing to the garage car charger to be the one to plug in my car when we arrive at home. They are both so brilliant when it comes to their understanding of WHY environmentalism is important. They are true pioneers in educating their classmates to "keep at it" when it comes to saving our environment. Therefore, they find it so weird when I tell them scary stories of sea levels rising, tsunamis, hurricanes and wildfires running rampant all over the world. They always want to know why no one ever did anything about it.

    Earlier I spoke about the ignorance that many Americans subjected themselves to. They believed false media outlets that did not provide them with factual evidence (science) but simply listened to the media outlets that told them what they wanted to hear. This ignorance led to a social media civil war for many years during the Biden presidency and still has followers that love to engage in "hearsay" argumentative action. President Biden is also credited as a president who educated our American people unlike any president before him. Joe helped make college free, educating our American people on need to know subjects such as ethical codes of conduct. Many people previously did not understand what these subjects even meant or what they were about, now our country is much more awaken in regards to seeing the bigger picture and looking at the hard truth facts instead of what they want to see.

    Our environment is by no means where it should be. And its my generation and the generations before mines fault that we are not on pace for healthy human life on earth. We were so used to living in the present moment, and the few that had the knowledge to look into the future were few too many. I urge the continuation of our progress to not be faltered when I speak to my children of these hard to hear, big picture things. Because as we are destroying our earth, it will continue to exist, Im not sure if our earth will ever cease to exist but the human race will wipe itself clean if we are not careful and continue to act will greed and avarice. I like to finish these talks with my children with a quote that I hope they will tell their future children. Perhaps this quote will become a quote associated with our family because it will have been passed down for generation after generation and I will be the one who started it, as my generation started the progression of spotlighting issues and squashing them as they begin to grow. Anyways, the quote is that "We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children." I wish that I could have left a better world behind to my children, but I will one day rest easy knowing that I gave the proper knowledge to my children for them to give a better one to my grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment