Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Good 'ole Waldy

Gutentag!

My name is William Phillips, I am double majoring in English and Audio Engineering, minoring in Journalism, and thinking about minoring in Philosophy as long as the scholarship and loan money keep pumping in. :] I consider myself a Transhumanist, Mahayana Buddhist, Communist, and obviously a bit pretentious. As far as                               Environmentalism goes, I didn't really have an opinion until I came to college and met my girlfriend, whom is a total a tree hugging hippie. Sadly, not in the sexy trendy girl way, but the never cuts her hair, saves bugs, and actually hugs trees way. :P

Regardless, she opened my eyes to ways I could help, and we started a little club amongst ourselves and friends called Sovereign, which simply kept us in like minded company, and came up with ways for us to inform our community, basics to greening up our lives, and even a little Buddhist propaganda thrown in. I personally would like to take it into the terrorism department, because I believe Anonymous has done more for freedom than Occupy Wall Street, but I guess militant radicalism died in the 60's with Malcom. Either way, I'm about actively helping anyway I can. I believe our generation is the most informed, and yet the most ignorant/easily led. Due to Sound Bites, and the internet turning conspiracy theorist and entertainers into journalist, we all have an abundance of information constantly being thrown at us, but it's mostly wrong. Anyway, I'll stop there before I go off on a tangent.

No comments:

Post a Comment