Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Julliane

Hello I am Julliane Stout. I am very excited about taking this class. I am a Senior again....but I am finally graduating this semester. I am a Philosophy major with a minor in Political Science. Although I do not consider myself an Activist I think I once was. When I was a Freshman here at MTSU I used to walk around barefoot I would Protest at various functions and I was a vegetarian. Although I still find some of these former Activist traits to be admirable I believe it's harder to take someone seriously who is not aloud in gas stations because of their lack of apparel. Instead I want to take a new more formidable approach to Enviornmental Activism. I have always been a huge fan of Professional sports and I hope to one day raise Environmental awareness to sports fans and athletes everywhere. Sports fans have a distinct pride in tradition that makes them feel like they are a part of a team. If these professional teams are moved toward a greener way to play the game, then maybe their fans will be inspired as well. I want to somehow incorporate this theory into a career in sports journalism.

2 comments:

  1. Love your approach! I am aslo a huge pro sports fan. I just recently watched a show on how the Dallas Stadium incorporated green tech into its construction. This is an avenue we all can support.
    Go Titans!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think it's a great concept I would really love to see Chris Johnson cruising around bumping some music in a tricked out Nissan Leaf! I mean theyre going to be made in Tennesee and he would look so cool in one! It makes perfect sense!

    ReplyDelete