Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Let Me Introduce Myself

Hello- My name is Morgan.  I am a senior at Middle Tennessee State University with a double major in Philosophy and Political Science.  My philosophical interests lean toward Ethics, Bioethics, and Political Theory.  My approach toward this Environmental Ethics class is not as an activist but as a rigorous truth seeker.  My environmental questions and worries include our food system, the geo-political implications concerning our energy policy, as well as effects of a social justice movement on the U.S. capitalist system.  Larger questions I hope to explore this semester include Can one be a Christian and an environmentalist?  What value does the environmental movement place on human life?  and What are the proper roles of government versus the private sector in environmental issues and how will current and future technological advances influence the environmental agenda?  I am excited to enter into discourse with you all and hope both we and the earth benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment