Thursday, October 29, 2020

Sheroes


At this moment in history, I have a hard time not looking up to the people in my own generation as well as those in the generation ahead of me. I feel as if younger generations are going to be the ones who help us get out of this hole we have dug ourselves. Don’t get me wrong; I respect the older generations so much for what they have fought for and what they have put up with over these last few decades. However, I think it is time for older generations to set back, relax, and enjoy the show. Let the younger generations finish what you fought so hard to start. 

That is why people such as Greta and AOC are so important to me. Everyday they continue to prove that it does not matter how young you are, where you come from, what your gender is, we all have an equal opportunity to fight for what we believe and to fight for what is right. Greta was only 15 years old when she began her now famous School Strike for Climate. She has now done over 100 strikes. At just 16 she was named Time Magazine's Person of the Year and attended the UN Climate Action just last year. She is unstoppable and I cannot wait to see what else she accomplishes. 

As for AOC, I also cannot explain how much I look up to her. Just like Greta, she has accomplished so much in such a short period of time. Just two years before becoming the youngest congress woman in history, she was a bartender. Everyday it seems that she is literally being bullied by our president, but that just pushes her to do even more amazing things. There is a certain fire that she has within her that I will forever admire. Both AOC and Greta help to inspire and push so many others around the world to fight and I have faith that they will help lead us to the finish line.


This clip helps demonstrate one of the many reasons why I admire AOC




This tweet is just for fun. I don't really believe in conspiracy theories but I hope that this one is true.
 



Weekly Activity:
    - This post
    - Commented on Tanner’s Post
    - Commented on Savana’s Post
Grand Total: 35

1 comment:

  1. They're both amazing, but I'll bet they're both uncomfortable with being viewed as saviors. They'd rather be exemplars.

    ReplyDelete