Sunday, November 18, 2018

Do you ever admit you can be wrong, in political or other disputes? I am a head strong person and I am very opinionated, as some of you might have easily guessed :), but I also have no problem to admit that I am wrong about something, but most of the time it is through conversations and strong evidence presented. I believe through healthy debates we all might have something to learn about ourselves and other points of view and it can be very surprising to know that things that we thought were deeply engrained in our belief system can be changed quite easily, when the right facts are presented in the right way. More often than not, our beliefs or the things that are instilled within us to be truth and undisputable are things that we have been influenced by impressionable people at early stages of our life, such as: lifestyle, success, faith/religion, politics and even negative biases. As adults, it is our responsibility to search out what our truth is and if it coincides with what we were taught, then no harm – no foul, but if it something that we discover to be superficial or directly conflicts with how we truly feel, then there becomes an opportunity for personal growth. I have had many opportunities throughout my life for personal growth and I have taken them with great care and respect. There are other moments, that what I have been taught throughout my life, specifically with my faith, that it is a foundation that has not waivered and it has remained my constant truth, but I was given the opportunity to make the decision for myself. Sometimes we all need moments of reflection – to contemplate why we believe what we believe or do what we do, and question ourselves why. There might be an opportunity for growth and to admit we were wrong about something or someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment