Thursday, November 5, 2020

What Is Home To You?

 What is home? May seem like a basic question, however many people seem to have questioned this for a long time. Some say home is where the heart is. Others are more literal in stating the town they grew up in. I used to think I was one of those more literal people, but the older I get, and now that I have stumbled across this question, I am not so sure anymore. 


I have always dreamed of getting out of Nashville (even though I decided to go to a school 3 miles from my house). Not because I don’t like it, but because I know that life is short and I want to see everything I can while I have the chance. Part of me picked the career field I am headed towards because I knew I would be able to do it from anywhere in the world. However, on the other hand, part of me has always liked the idea of finding that one perfect place and staying there for as long as possible. I think that came from a place of having moved houses and schools a lot as a kid.


At this point in time, I think it is possible to do a little of both. While I am still young and not tied down to any one place, I would like to “see where the wind takes me”. Then perhaps when I am older and maybe have a family, stopping somewhere doesn't sound like such a bad idea. 


Weekly Activity:

  • Commented on Kathryn’s Post

  • Commented on Carolin’s Post

  • This Post

Grand Total: 40


2 comments:

  1. You go girl! That is the perfect attitude. Collect experiences, and enrich your life. That’s exactly where I was when I was your age. I wonder if we are not just the sum total of our experiences. Perhaps that is what perplexed me about my high school friends who never even gave a thought of leaving Shelbyville. Where was their sense of adventure, their desire to experience more? You can do both, and, based on my experience, I say you should do both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more places you can call home, the more likely you are to think of Earth as home... and when you do finally settle in someplace and put down roots, that place will stand for all places in your imagination and emotional universe.

    ReplyDelete